Gingersnap Granola Bars
Granola bars are simple to make at home and easy to customize by adding your favorite ingredients. Try our fall-themed bars—they’re loaded with healthy fiber and fats from the whole-food ingredients.
- 1 cup (120 g) raw almonds
- 1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raw pecans
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raw pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons brown flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seed
- 1/2 cup (95 g) dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 slice (5 g) fresh ginger root, 1"
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon water
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 15-20 seconds or until all ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Remove ingredients to an 8x8" (20cm) pan lined with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the edge for handles. Press firmly into the pan to form an even layer.
- Place into oven preheated at 350°F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes, then remove, slice, and serve.
- Try your favorite combination of nuts, seeds, or spices in this granola to make it your own and never eat granola bars that aren't fresh or filled with good ingredients again!
- For a thicker, chewier granola bar, this recipe may be doubled and then baked in a 9x13" (23x33 cm) pan.
- Honey and maple play to parts in these bars sweetener and help hold the granola, you can easily swap these out with a homemade date syrup.