Green Pea Guacamole
A perfect guacamole for when there's no avocado in the house. The peas add a unique sweetness and bright green color.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking liquid, from peas
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- ½ lemon, peeled, halved
- 2 cups (320 g) peas, cooked, drained
- 2 Tablespoons yellow onion, peeled, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Transfer to a bowl. If desired, cover and refrigerate mixture for 2 additional hours to allow flavors to meld... or serve immediately.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Green Pea Guacamole is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hicksie_dust from Yum! I love this recipe, really tasty and quick to make. You need to pulse if you like yours chuncky. This goes great with thick sweet potato chips on the BBQ. I have also made an adaption with part pea part avocado and that is also gorgeous!
Date published: 2016-11-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chac65 from Bad Ideal All Around I love the Vitamix, but first no on the peas...period. Second thou shall not put guacamole bound avocados into a blender...period. Guacamole should ALWAYS be made with crushed avocados, ALWAYS. I like the Vitamix, I like guacamole, keep the two far apart.
Date published: 2018-11-15