Guacamole [Vitamix ONE]
This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favorite, makes a quick and easy appetizer for guests.
- 3 (385 g) medium avocado, halved, peeled, pitted
- ½ lime peeled
- ¼ (45 g) medium red onion, halved
- ½ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ jalapeo seeded if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the fruit, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed and blend for 15 to 20 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades, stopping as needed to scrape the sides of the container.
- For a chunky-style gucamole, place ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Pulse the blender by rapidly turning the dial to its lowest speed setting, then off again. Repeat until desired texture is achieved, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades as necessary.
For a chunky style guacamole pulse the ingredients or blend on a low speed.