This recipe is made in the new Aer™ disc container. Learn More
This creamy, classic sauce is a weekend staple that can be achieved in minutes using a Vitamix blender instead of a double boiler. We also offer a few ways to spice it up for some added kick.
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1½ cup (360 ml) melted butter, warm
- Place yolks, lemon juice, salt, and hot sauce (plus any optional add-in ingredient you want) into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 8, and run for 30 seconds.
- While the machine is still running, remove the lid plug and slowly pour warm butter through the opening. As the mixture begins to thicken, the butter may be added at a faster rate. Finish pouring the butter and after blending for another 30 seconds, replace the lid plug. Increase speed to Variable 10 and run for 3 to 5 seconds.
The Vitamix Aer™ container helps you create this otherwise time-consuming sauce in less than half the time it takes using the traditional method. Optional add-ins: 2 teaspoons harissa paste, 1 Tablespoon togarashi, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, or 2 Tablespoons (20 g) cooked mushroom puree
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|