Homemade Date Syrup
A delicious sugar alternative that boasts a wide variety of uses.
- 2½ cup (600 ml) warm water
- 15 (200 g) large dates
- Place the warm water and dates into an appropriately sized container, like a 6-8 cup wide mouthed glass mason jar. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute 30 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place in a non-stick sauce pot over medium low heat and let reduce by 1/3. You should end up with a product resembling a date paste or syrup when chilled.