Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Instead of buying store-bought canned pumpkin, make your own pumpkin puree at home easily in your blender.
- 1 whole pumpkin
- ½ cup (120 ml) skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- While the oven is preheating, cut your pumpkin in half and scoop out the pumpkin seeds with a large spoon.
- Place each half cut-side side down, on an aluminum foil or parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Roast the pumpkin for 45 minutes to and hour depending on the size of your pumpkin. You will be able to tell if your pumpkin is done roasting when you can pierce outside easily with a fork.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled enough for you to be able to scoop it, measure out 2 cups (500g) of the roasted pumpkin flesh.
- Place the 2 cups (500g) of pumpkin flesh and ½ cup (120 ml) skim milk into the blender container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to push ingredients into the blade.
For a thicker puree use less milk, to thin the puree add a little more milk. You can season it to your iking with your favorite seasoning like pumpkin spice, ginger or just cinnamon. To make non-dairy use your favorite store-bought or a homemade non-dairy milk.
|Serving Size||½ cup (100 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|