Homemade Tahini Sauce
Simple and straightforward, never have to pay for expensive tahini again when you can easily make it with the Vitamix immersion blender.
- 1 cup (140 g) white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grapeseed oil
- Place sesame seeds in a medium sized skillet and toast over medium heat until just golden brown. Immediately remove from the pan onto a small sheet tray or plate to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Place sesame seeds into an appropriately sized container. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Be careful not to over toast the sesame seeds or they will become very bitter. As soon as you get them lightly golden brown, remove them from the pan to stop the toasting process and allow to cool in a separate container.