Mulled Lemon Honey Bourbon Cocktail
A combination of seasonal spices, freshly muddled lemon, honey, and bourbon create a soothing cocktail that can be served cold or warm during the holiday season. Make a batch, bottle and refrigerate it, and give it as a great gift.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 4 lemons, peeled, flesh only
- ¼ cup (84 g) Holiday Mixed Spice Blend
- ½ cup (120 ml) bourbon
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes, plus more for serving
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup (60 ml) ginger beer
- To make the base, place water, lemons, honey, and spice blend into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. If desired, strain through a fine mesh strainer - bottle and give this mixture as a cocktail starter, or proceed to cocktail directions.
- To complete the cocktail, place the bourbon, base mixture, ice, and egg white into the Vitamix Aer Disc Container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the machine on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 8. Blend for 25 – 30 seconds. Portion into 4 glasses, each filled halfway with ice. Top each with ginger beer.
This versatile recipe is easy to make hot or cold. To make a hot cocktail, add all ingredients, blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds, and top with ginger beer.