Oat Flour Crust
Oats and plant-based butter provide a delicious, flaky, vegan crust that can be used for both sweet and savory applications.
- 2½ cup (240 g) rolled oats, quick cooking
- ¾ cup (165 g) vegan margarine, cut into 8-10 pat, frozen
- ¼ cup (60 ml) ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fresh herbs and rolled oats into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade. Start the machine and allow to process for 1 minute 30 seconds, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Add butter, ginger ale, and fresh lemon juice to the Food Processor Work Bowl. Pulse 6-8 times until the dough forms a mass around the center of the work bowl.
- Remove and wrap in parchment and refrigerate for 2 hours. Either press into a 9" pie pan or roll to 1/4" thin between two pieces of wax or parchment paper and place into pie pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes.