Oil-Free Avocado Dressing
A great addition to any tomato or herb salad, this dressing is balanced with healthy fats and oils from the avocado.
- 1 (140 g) medium avocado, peeled, pitted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ cup (120 ml) almond milk , or milk alternative
- ½ lemon peeled
- 4 stalk fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon honey, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into an appropriately sized container in the order listed.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 45 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
A good quality vinegar and fresh chives make all the difference in this dressing.