Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Breakfast and snacking is made easy with this satisfying recipe, with plant-based protein and fiber that will fill you up and fuel you for your day.
- 1½ cups (396 g) peanut butter
- 1½ cups (160 g) plant-based protein powder, or desired protein
- ⅓ cup (112 g) agave nectar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (112 g) almond flour
- ⅓ cup (80 g) vegan chocolate chips
- ½ Tablespoon coconut oil
1. Place the agave syrup, peanut butter, protein powder, and almond flour in a large mixing bowl.
2. Start the immersion whisk on its lowest speed. Move the whisk around to mix the ingredients for 30-40 seconds or until well combined and smooth. Transfer mixture to an 8x8" (20cm) or 9x9 (23cm) baking pan lined with parchment paper and press mixture into the pan, smoothing the top.
3. Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring in increments. Mix in the coconut oil and pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the bars. Freeze for approximately 1 hour or until set.
4. Slice the bars into 16 squares. Serve immediately or refrigerate until desired serving time.