Peanut Oat Energy Balls
Lacking in energy? Have 1 or 2 of these for a quick afternoon treat that will fuel you up for the rest of the day.
- 1 cup (90 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- ½ cup (70 g) cacao nibs
- ½ cup (30 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups (280 g) peanuts, roasted unsalted
- 4 Tablespoon (30 g) deglet noor dates, pitted
- ½ cup (80 g) golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- Place oats, hemp, chia, flax, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes into a medium bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Place the peanuts into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and let it run for 90 seconds; or set the timer and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Remove the lid and add raisins, dates, and water. Secure the lid and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the medium bowl over the oat and seed mixture, mixing well to incorporate. Portion into 1-ounce balls and set in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
With the trifecta of nutrients (protein, fiber and healthy fats), these energy balls are the perfect snack to keep you feeling satiated until your next meal. A 1 oz. portion scoop works perfectly for these. Just scoop, release and roll to save you time on breakfasts during the week!