warm water, (105-115 degrees F)
active dry yeast
light olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place flour, yeast and salt, optional into the Vitamix 48 ounce DRY container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 seconds to create a hole in the center. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove the lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a ball forms.
- After ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 10 - 15 seconds.
- With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning over to grease all around. Let rise until doubled in size. Divide dough in two and stretch each ball into a 12-inch (30 cm) pizza crust and top as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.