Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
This spicy alfredo is made with soft tofu, and offers an unexpected variety to traditional fettuccine.
- ¾ cup (160 g) soft tofu
- ¾ cup (180 g) fat free cottage cheese
- 2 cups (400 g) roasted red peppers, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) romano cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 6 minutes until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine.
|Serving Size||1 serving (50 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ElizabethGG from An absolute keeper!! Followed the directions exactly but substituted the romano and parmesan cheese with plant based options.
Date published: 2017-10-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by manderj from oh so good. This is awkwardly delicious. I omitted the tofu (because who has that sitting around?) and just used homemade ricotta instead. I also doubled the amount of roasted red peppers, since that's the whole point, and added a dash of cayenne. Awesome over pasta, but also as a dipping sauce for roasted veg, with broth added for a creamy soup, or chilled as a toast-spread. Or sipped straight.
Date published: 2017-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianMe from Easy vegan switch I omitted the cheeses except I added in vegan cream cheese, some fresh jalapeño and olives too, a big splash of wine fine tunes all the flavours.
Date published: 2020-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kimseth from Like eating candy! This is my husband's favorite Vitamin recipe so far! It is so tasty, as well as easy to make.
Date published: 2017-10-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by tropicteacher from Wow! I made this today with totally organic but substituted organic tomatoes instead of the peppers and added some sweet Marsala wine. Added chicken thighs cut into small pieces and served over linguine pasta. Didn’t get a picture because we devoured it! It was beyond delicious!
Date published: 2021-07-19