Roasted Red Pepper Soup
A smooth, smoky soup with a little bit of spice, made from just five simple ingredients.
- 1 cup (40 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups (400 g) roasted red peppers
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken broth
- ½ cup (95 g) Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Roasted Red Pepper Soup is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VitaChef from Amazingly easy & delicious! You do have to roast and skin the red peppers. Place them on a baking sheet and under the grill for 10-15 minutes. Another 5-10 minutes to skin them. The rest is super easy. The end product is a restaurant quality soup.
Date published: 2018-04-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ilikemyvitamixbuthatethis from Is this a joke? I followed this recipe exactly and the end result was utterly disappointing. It was watery, smelt like tomatoes and tasted like basil. This recipe must be missing either ingredients or steps for this to make sense.
Date published: 2019-12-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cindy17 from Love it. This soup is amazing. The basil really stands out.
Date published: 2017-10-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by PaulaK from Tasty but it separates???? I am learning to use my new Vitamix. Today I made Roasted Red Pepper Soup. However, it separated. The upper layer was foamy and thick but the bottom was clear broth. I used the hot soup setting. Any suggestion what I might be doing wrong?
Date published: 2018-08-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by Soupforyou from Tons of flavor ! Delicious Great blender with plenty of options and recipes. Needs a thickener
Date published: 2019-09-23