Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche
A retro remake? Maybe. Still delicious? Absolutely! This rendition of the classic quiche Loraine uses smoked salmon instead of ham. So good, one piece may not be enough!
- 1¼ cup (155 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (115 g) cubed butter, chilled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (185°C). Lightly grease a pie pan and set aside.
- Add the flour and chilled butter to your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 6 and Pulse 5 to 6 times.
- Remove the lid plug and begin Pulsing again while drizzling in the cold water. Pulse 12 to 14 times, or until a ball forms.
- Remove the dough from the container and press into the prepared pie pan. Push dough up the sides and crimp the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces (220 g) smoked salmon, chilled
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach
- 11 ounces (300 g) Gruyère cheese, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- ¾ cup (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- ¼ cup (15 g) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Rinse container. Add the salmon and spinach and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and blend for 20 seconds. Remove from the container and place in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add the cubed Gruyère cheese to the container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 and start the machine, using the tamper to press the cheese into the blades. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the salmon.
- Place the cream, sour cream, eggs, parsley, soy sauce, pepper, flour, and paprika into the container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and press start. Increase speed to Variable 3 and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add mixture to the bowl with the salmon and cheese and mix thoroughly. Pour into the chilled dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|