Spiced Pear Whiskey Sour
Pears are plentiful during the holiday season. We've combined pears, lemon, spices, and whiskey to create a great cocktail starter recipe that can be used in a multitude of ways.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 medium (130 g) orange, peeled
- 1 (180 g) pear, quartered, seeded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Holiday Mixed Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) bourbon
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ginger beer
- To make the base, place water, orange, pear, honey, and spice blend into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. If desired, strain through a fine mesh strainer, bottle, and give this mixture as a cocktail starter, or proceed to cocktail directions.
- To complete the cocktail, place the bourbon, base mixture, ice, and egg white into the Vitamix Aer Disc Container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the machine on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 8. Blend for 25 – 30 seconds. Portion into 4 glasses, each filled halfway with ice. Top each with ginger beer.
This recipe is versatile enough to make hot or cold. To make a hot cocktail, add all ingredients and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds.