Strawberry Peach Almond Cake [Immersion Blender]
Peaches and strawberries really stand out in this light, airy almond cake dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a springform pan with parchment paper and spray bottom and sides well with non-stick spray. Neatly shingle the peach slices around the outer edge, place the strawberries in the center and set the pan aside.
- Place egg yolks and date syrup into a medium stainless steel bowl. Attached the whisk to the immersion blender. Place the whisk into the center of the egg mixture and start the machine on its lowest speed. Increase to its highest speed and whisk for 2-3 minutes until the egg yolk mixture becomes ribbon like. Add the vanilla extract and almond flour and whisk on Variable 3 until incorporated, set aside.
- Clean the whisk and dry completely. In another stainless steel bowl, add the egg whites and insert the whisk into the mixture. Start the machine on its lowest speed and increase to its highest speed. Whisk until stiff peaks form about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add half of the egg white mixture to the almond flour mixture and gently fold in. Add the second half of the mixture and fold in. Do not over mix and it is okay to see some egg white streaks in the mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture over the fruit in the spring form pan and gently smooth the cake mixture evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted comes out clean from the cake. Let cool slightly before removing the spring form pan. Invert and serve.
- This dessert is surprisingly light for how dense and flavorful it is.
- Folding the egg whites gently allows for a less dense cake.
- This recipe calls for date syrup, which can be easily made with the Vitamix machine. Made with whole dates, this syrup has a naturally sweet taste and retains the stone fruit’s antioxidants and fiber.