Summer Vegetable Salad
Take advantage of what summer has to offer. Delicious produce doesn't need much preparation and is often enjoyable raw, like in this salad.
- 2 (625 g) zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 (400 g) yellow squash, ends trimmed
- 2 cups (315 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 (275 g) red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 cups (120 g) baby spinach, lightly packed
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ cup (75 g) raw almonds
- ½ cup (70 g) Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) avocado oil, optional
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, optional
1. Place the Julienne Disc Blade into the Food Processor Work Bowl and secure the lid.
2. Place a zucchini lengthwise into the large food chute. Secure with the large food pusher. Start the processor and press the zucchini through to julienne. Repeat this process for the remaining zucchini and for the squash, then remove to a medium-sized bowl with the sliced tomatoes and bell pepper.
3. Clean and dry the Food Processor Work Bowl, then fit it with the Multi-Use Blade. Add spinach, garlic, almonds, parmesan, avocado oil and salt to the bowl. Secure the lid and start the processor, running for 1 minute or until ingredients are mixed well, stopping and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add the spinach pesto to the mixed vegetables and gently toss to incorporate. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be easily reduced by half if desired, but makes a great side salad that is easy to put together and bring along to your next gathering or potluck.