Sweet Potato, Vegetable and Farro Hash
Make Vitamix your sous chef by turning the food processor or blending container into the quickest chopper around. These ingredients create a great mix for breakfast, lunch or dinner meal.
- 1 (200 g) yellow onion, peeled, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (250 g) red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed
- 1 (205 g) sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 (120 g) small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 (120 g) small yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (150 g) farro, or other grain, cooked and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon holiday mixed spice blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
1. Place the onions and garlic into the Vitamix Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Pulse 6-8 times or until evenly chopped and desired consistency is achieved. Remove to a bowl and set aside. Follow the same process with the bell peppers, sweet potato, zucchini and yellow squash, removing each ingredient to the same bowl after processing each. Once all of the vegetables have been processed, add the farro or other grain of choice to the bowl and toss to mix them together.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over high heat. Add the two tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and heat until slightly shimmering. Add the vegetable and grain mixture, spreading out evenly over top of the griddle or pan. Sprinkle the holiday spice seasoning and salt over top of the vegetable mixture.
3. Let the vegetable and grain mixture cook, leaving alone until golden brown on one side (about 6-8 minutes; this may vary based on cooking medium). Turn and cook an additional 6-8 minutes on the other side. The end goal is cooked vegetables through with a slightly golden texture through out.
Why waste leftovers, turns what was last nights meal into something fresh and exciting for today. This hash draws on some simple vegetables you may have left over in order to help make a totally new dish. Feel free to add or omit anything from this recipe to make it your own, just let the Vitamix help you chop them.