Thai Chicken Wings
Warning: This wing sauce can be thoroughly addicting! It hits all the 5 taste profiles, and makes you want to come back for more…and more…and more.
- ½ cup (120 ml) sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup (80 g) coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) fish sauce
- 2 lime, zest plus juice
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) lemongrass, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) sesame oil
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 other green onions
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 pounds (1.81 kg) chicken wings
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Purée program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Purée program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Pour sauce into a pan and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over cooked wings.
|Serving Size||½ pound (225 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Thai Chicken Wings is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 1 out of 5 by foodie king from too salty and watery you only need 3 of fish sauce and maybe honey and longer cooking time to thicken it up, the sauce came right off the wings and they were breaded also, so, but good overall, just too much fish sauce, you can taste it right at the end, yuk
Date published: 2019-02-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gepetto from Simple and Delicious This is the first recipe I ever tried with my Vitamix and I was not disappointed! Easy to make and very flavorful. Was a little surprised by the green color of the sauce- tastes much better than it looks !
Date published: 2017-12-28