Wake-Up Call Smoothie
Kale and spinach team up as the power greens in this uplifting smoothie recipe.
- ½ green apple, seeded, cored
- ½ lime, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- ½ cucumber, peeled, diced
- ¼ Bartlett pear, seeded and halved
- ½ cup (70 g) paw paw
- 1½ cup (360 ml) coconut water
- 1 leaf kale
- ½ cup (15 g) spinach
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute.
Add 1 tsp chia, hemp, or flax seed oil for a blast of omega-3, calcium and protein - making an even silkier version of this smoothie. Kale has more antioxidants than any other veggie, and is a good source of iron and folate. The paw paw is a great digestive and is full of Vitamix A for healthy skin and immune system. Coconut water is super hydrating and aids in weight loss.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|