Walnut Pesto with Parsley and Mint
Serve this delicious walnut pesto with pan roasted salmon or organic chicken, or serve as a dip with fresh vegetables.
- 1 cup (115 g) chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (50 g) fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- ½ cup (15 g) mint leaves, tightly packed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
For a smoother texture, add water before blending.
|Amount Per Servings|
Walnut Pesto with Parsley and Mint is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by JonesC from I tried.. and failed a little I tried this recipe and wanted to like it but it just didn't turn out right! Pesto seems like an easy recipe to master in the kitchen but apparently not for me. I followed the recipe but it seemed like too few ingredients were in my blender, so I added more. But it still wouldn't blend right, so I kept adding more. Eventually I ran out of ingredients and my pesto became warm due to the blenders high power. I'm not sure if what I made is pesto as it's green gritty mush but it tastes decent and has a minty taste.
Date published: 2020-09-29