Whole Grain Loaf Bread
A mix of 6 different grains come together to create a nice whole grain loaf recipe that is extra yeasty and delicious. Vitamix-made cornmeal, whole wheat flour, and hazelnut milk make this perfect for a cold winter snack.
- ½ cup (75 g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (50 g) quinoa
- ¼ cup (50 g) millet
- ¾ cup (180 ml) lukewarm water
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) lukewarm hazelnut milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 packets instant fast rise yeast
- 1 cup (145 g) high gluten bread flour
- 1⅓ cups (175 g) whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup (30 g) rolled oats
- ⅓ cup (50 g) rye flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, quinoa, millet, water, hazelnut milk, honey, grapeseed oil and yeast. Stir for approximately 60 seconds. Let sit for 10 minutes, until the yeast gets foamy. While it sits, measure the other dry ingredients.
2. Place the bread flour, whole wheat flour, oats, rye flour, and salt into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Start the machine and allow to process for 15 seconds.
3. Stop the machine and remove the lid. Add the wet soaked ingredients, then secure the lid and pulse 15-20 times or until all ingredients have been combined into a dough ball. If needed, stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Once a dough ball has been formed, remove it from the Food Processor Work Bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by hand for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding a little flour if needed to help knead.
5. Spray a 9x5" (23x13cm) loaf pan with non-stick spray and coat lightly with cornmeal. Place the kneaded bread dough in the prepared loaf pan and stretch lightly to fit. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm area, allowing to rise for 45 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place loaf pan on center rack in preheated oven, and bake for 45-50 minutes. If you have a thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 190°F. When bread is done, carefully remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.