Zero Proof Espresso Orange Tonic
Coffee drinks aren’t just for breakfast anymore! Try this zero-proof recipe as a cocktail before or after dinner—or try it as an alternative to your usual morning cuppa joe.
- 1 cup (240 ml) espresso, chilled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 3 slices orange, 1/4", halved with rind
- ½ cup (120 ml) tonic water, split use
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes, plus extra for serving
- Place the chilled espresso, maple syrup, orange slices and 2 cups of ice into the AER container and secure the lid. Start the machine on its lowest speed and increase to its highest speed. Blend for 25–30 seconds
- Fill two 16oz cocktail glasses 3/4 full with ice. Pour the mixture over ice, splitting between the two glasses. If desired, use the lid to slightly strain the mixture as your pouring. Top with 2oz of tonic water per glass.
Looking to lighten this drink up a bit more? Try reducing the maple syrup or replacing with a plant based zero calorie sweetener like stevia or monk fruit.