Use the Food Processor and blender together in this recipe to create a unique version of a classic Middle-Eastern/African dish. Rich flavors combine for a unique brunch dish, or an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1 (200 g) large yellow onion, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 (450 g) red bell peppers, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 8 (925 g) roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 (665 g) medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 bunch (15 g) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 8 (175 g) multigrain bread slices, grilled or toasted,
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a heavy-bottomed 3 or 4 quart oven-safe cooking dish on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat, then add garlic, onion, and bell pepper, cooking for about 20 minutes or until ingredients are soft and tender.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander, cumin and paprika and stew over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- While the tomato sauce is stewing, fit the Food Processor Work Bowl with the Large Shred Disc and secure the lid. Start the processor and feed the zucchini through the Small Food Chute opening. If they are too large, cut to size and feed through the Large Food Chute opening if needed.
- Once all are shredded, using a dry kitchen towel, wring out the excess moisture from the zucchini. After the tomato mixture is done stewing, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds, or select the Puree program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Pour tomato mixture back into your oven-safe dish. Scatter the shredded, drained zucchini into the tomato mixture and gently stir to incorporate. Crack 8 eggs on top of the mixture and carefully place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until egg whites are just set, and yolks are still runny.
- Remove dish from the oven and season with salt and pepper if desired, garnishing with chopped parsley. Serve with a slice of multigrain bread if desired.
Use the Food Processor and blender together in this recipe to create a unique version of a classic Middle-Eastern/African dish. Rich flavors combine for a unique brunch dish, or an easy weeknight dinner