Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
Use this vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your favorite meals, from tacos, to soups, and more!
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) water
- 250 g (2 cups) raw or roasted cashews
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 small garlic clove, peeled
- 20 g (1 small) shallot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Try doubling the amount of water in this recipe to create a tangy sour cream sauce, a great condiment for vegetable tacos or as a garnish for soup.
|Serving Size||31 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page