Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
Use this vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your favorite meals, from tacos, to soups, and more!
- 250 g (2 cups) cashews
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g (½ ) small shallot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 20 seconds, or until creamy and smooth.
- Add additional water to the sauce to give it to a thinner texture. The sauce needs to be lighter than the soup to stay on top, otherwise it will sink to the bottom.
The recipe will also work with soaked cashews.
|Serving Size||34 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|