Citrus Whiskey Sour
This traditional cocktail enjoys a bright and refreshing twist with our homemade aerated citrus juice. Even thoughwe call for whiskey here, feel free to choose any other liquor you like.
- 175 ml (6 ounces) whiskey
- 175 ml (6 ounces) citrus juice
- 90 ml (3 ounces) simple syrup
- (2 egg) whites
- 390 g (3 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 8, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Remove lid and strain ice if preferred.
- Pour equally into glasses. Add extra ice if desired.
Although whiskey sour is traditionally served without ice, this cocktail can be served either way. The aerationcontainer combines the ingredients, foams the egg whites, and chills the cocktail--all in one seamless process. Aquafaba (chickpea liquid) may be substituted out for the egg whites to make it vegan.