Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette
A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4½ teaspoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cups (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ cups (120 ml) olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, fresh herbs, Parmesan, pepper and ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until emulsified
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VitaNewbie from Fabulous Sald Dressing! :-D I'm a VitaNewbie and am having sooo much fun discovering new/old foods I love and Vitamix recipes. Who knew I loved spinach smoothies?! This recipe, like my going green smoothies, is absolutely delicious. Omg. I love salad dressing and was looking for a recipe to use with my Vitamix. I had all these ingredients, including organic balsamic vineger, and had to give this a shot. Delish!! Amazing taste and the lemon gives it a lovely little extra kick. I doubled it so I could add it all to a mason jar. Ooh, baby this is a keeper. I. Love. My. Vitamix. And I've only had it 4 days now.
Date published: 2016-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by RachelP from Delicious! I only had dries herbs on hand, but this recipe was still so great and everyone loved it!
Date published: 2016-07-20
how to grate parm cheese
If you are looking to grate cheese in your Vitamix, check out this video, https://www.vitamix.com/why-vitamix/what-you-can-make#foodprep
Date published: 2016-08-25
What changes would u make if you have the 64 oz shorter and wider container? I love your recipes but want to know how to revise them for success! Thanks!
You will need to make 3x the batch. If you are making any of the recipes in your 64 oz low profile container you will need to double or even triple the recipe most times.
Date published: 2016-08-18