Aged Balsamic Aioli
Like wine, fine leather, and cheddar cheese, some things only get better with age. Add balsamic vinegar to the list. This spin on traditional aioli provides plenty of flavor, making it a great dip for fresh veggies.
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 10 small garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 1½ cup (360 ml) light olive oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and seasoning mix into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour the oil through the lid plug opening. Secure lid plug.
- Quickly increase to its highest speed, and blend for an additional 10 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (30 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|