Key Lime Kiwi Smoothie
Kiwi, lime juice, pear, and honey create this citrusy-sweet green smoothie.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) key lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- 1 D'Anjou pear, seeded, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
All your recipe instructions are to peel the kiwi, lemons, limes and oranges. Last week we were at Costco and watched the lady doing the vitamix demo. She never peeled the fruits I listed, and said it's not necessary. So let me know what's right.
We peel the fruits in our recipes for two reasons. The pith of these fruits are very bitter and we try not to add additional sugars in our recipes to balance the bitterness. Secondly in the recipes we are not calling to use organic produce, Oranges and the like have pesticides used on them therefore we do not recommend eating the skin.
Date published: 2017-01-02