A blissful dessert all on its own, these lemon bars are even better with a Lemon Curd filling.
Lemon Bar Crust
- 2 cups + 6 Tablespoons (290 g) all-purpose flour, divided use
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) butter
- To make the crust, heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place 1¼ cups (160g) of the flour, ½ cup (115g) of the butter and ¼ cup (55g) of the sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 5 times. Remove lid, scrape down the sides of the container and around the blades, then replace the lid and pulse 5 additional times.
- Spoon the contents of the Vitamix container into a 13-inch X 9-inch (33 cm X 23 cm) pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining flour, butter and sugar.
- Press the flour mixture into the pan evenly and bake for 20 minutes, until just golden brown.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
Lemon Curd Filling
- ½ cup (120 ml) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ cup (335 g) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 3 lemons
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place lemon juice, eggs, sugar, salt and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, through the lid plug opening incorporating butter completely between additions.
- Replace the lid plug and increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the custard over the crust and allow to chill before serving or allow to cool slightly and serve at room temperature.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you desire.
|Serving Size||1 bar|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Lemon Bars is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ccccc from Haven't had yet I see powered sugar in the photo - the directions should include that or at least make mention of it as an option at the end.
Date published: 2019-08-06
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fagan from Step missing Why is butter not listed on ingredients for crust? do you chill then put on top of crust? put o crust then chill all?
Date published: 2017-12-10