Oil & Dairy-Free Basil Pesto [ Mini-Chopper Attachment ]
A classic adaptation of the original to fit any and all diets.
- 2 cups (55 g) fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cups (30 g) vegan parmesan cheese
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh. Place the ingredients into the work bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Snap the lid into place and secure the immersion motor to the lid.
- Select Variable 3 and run continuously for 25-30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the container.
- Serve immediately or pour into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.