Peanut Butter Brownie Squares [Food Processor Attachment]
This decadent dessert, made with whole foods, is simply delicious.
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup (155 g) raw almonds
- 1 cup (180 g) dates, pitted
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) unrefined coconut oil, melted
- For the Filling:
- 3 cups (400 g) roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup (240 g) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Fit the Food Processor with the multi-use blade. Place almonds, dates, and coconut oil into the food processor and secure the lid. Start the machine and process for 15-20 seconds or until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Remove the mixture to a 9 x 9 baking dish and press evenly into place. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Working in the same Food Processor Bowl with the multi-use blade add the peanuts and cocoa powder and secure the lid. Start the processor and let run for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Stop the machine, remove the blade and scrape the cocoa peanut butter mixture over top of the refrigerated crust. Spread and smooth evenly over the top and replace back into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the peanut butter had partially set up and chilled. Pour the melted semi-sweet chocolate over top of the peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly over top and place back into the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting and serving.
Why bother with processed pre-made chocolate peanut butter desserts when making your own healthier version at home can be so easy? Dates provide a natural sweetness to this decadent dessert.