Sweet and Spicy Beet Spread
Bold ingredients like jalapeño and roasted beets lend this dip great color and flavor.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil, or chickpea liquid
- 2 dates, pitted, or 2 Tablespoon honey
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds, or Tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml) distilled white vinegar
- 1 (215 g) beet, roasted, peeled
- 16 ounces (450 g) canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (15 g) jalapeño, halved, seeded
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
|Serving Size||1 serving (75 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Sweet and Spicy Beet Spread is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AnnieM from Love this dip! Super yummy dip! Color is a bit surprising - hot pink. Flavor is a good mix of spicy, tangy and sweet. Quick and easy I've served it many times. People who don't like beats even like the dip!
Date published: 2017-12-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by eek8 from Amazing Best flavor. Awesome consistency. Great for dipping ANYTHING into it.
Date published: 2019-01-09