Thai Curry Carrot Sauce
The sweetness of carrots and a touch of brown sugar balance the spiciness of red thai curry paste in this blended seasoning. Ideal for seafood or sprinkled over rice and roasted vegetables.
- 2 (175 g) medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon lemon grass, sliced thin
- 1 ¼ cups (300 ml) low sodium vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy milk, or milk alternative
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon thai red curry paste
- 1 pitted date
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ cup (2 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- Put carrot, garlic, lemon grass, vegetable broth, soy milk, coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste, date into a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place this mixture and the cornstarch into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce to Variable 5 and add cilantro through lid plug opening. Blend for 20 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (54 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|