Blackberry Five Spice Sauce
This sweet-and-spicy Asian sauce is delicious with grilled pork tenderloin, chicken or duck.
- 120 ml (½ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 860 g (6 cups) blackberries
- 2 in (1 ) cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground
- 90 g (9 ) deglet noor dates, pitted, or ⅓ cup date syrup
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 240 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Place vinegar, blackberries, cinnamon stick, dates, five-spice powder, and peppercorns into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5-6 minutes.
- If adding olive oil, lower machine speed to Variable 3. Remove lid plug and slowly pour oil into the container, allowing it to emulsify. Secure lid plug and blend an additional 5 seconds.
Try adding additional fresh blackberries after the blend is complete and pulsing them in for a textured sauce with pops of fresh blackberry.
|Serving Size||62 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|