Create your own perfectly seasoned marinara for chicken, fish and pasta. For chunkier marinara, transfer sauce to the stove after blending and add chopped veggies.
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 onions, peeled, quartered
- 2 pounds (910 g) tomatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|