Think you’ve made everything possible in your Vitamix? Think again. Here are 5 ways to take your Vitamix to the next level.
Vitamix is well-known for making the best smoothies imaginable, but that’s just the beginning. The same high-powered blender that pulverizes fruit into breakfast can also help you create a variety of recipes. This versatile machine leverages the friction from its fast-spinning blades to make steaming hot soups and sauces in just a few minutes. On the other hand, the powerful motor effortlessly creates creamy frozen desserts by quickly breaking down frozen fruit before it can defrost. If you’re well-seasoned with these staples already, read on for some uses for your Vitamix that you may not have tried yet.
1. Nut butters. Here’s a trick that can’t be performed with most blenders. You may never buy store-bought nut butters again after you taste freshly-made Vitamix peanut butter. Mix it up by trying different combinations of your favorite nuts.
2. Salad dressing. These are too often loaded with excess oil when all you really need is some flavor—and that can come calorie-free from spices. Here are some simple blends that will replace the store-bought versions in your kitchen. When you realize how effortless it is to make salad dressings from scratch, you’ll never look back.
3. Food processing. Transform your high-speed blender into a food processor with the food processor attachment. The range of blades and slicing discs can make precision food prep a breeze.
4. Baked goods. Have you used your Vitamix to help you bake? Blend up your doughs and batters with ease, and get the precise texture you’re looking for. You can even create your own homemade whipped cream!
5. Body scrub. Don’t stop at just food; use your Vitamix to nourish your body from the outside-in as well. Your skin will thank you for this natural body scrub.
And just in case you didn’t know, the Vitamix also cleans itself. Simply blend warm water and a drop of dish soap on the highest speed, and watch it become its own dishwasher. What new and different ways can you come up with to use your Vitamix?