Marinara Sauce [Food Processor Attachment]
Create your own simple marinara sauce to enjoy with chicken, fish and pasta.
- 1 Tablespoon (230 g) medium yellow onion, peeled, quartered
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 56 ounces (795 g) whole peeled plum tomatoes, with juice
- ½ cup (16 g) fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 Tablespoon honey, optional
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 30 seconds, or set timer for 30 seconds and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Move the chopped product to a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Simmer for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve for use.