Marinara Sauce [Immersion Blender]
Create your own simple marinara sauce to enjoy with vegetables, chicken or fish.
- 112 ounces (3.20 kg) whole peeled roma tomatoes, 4-18oz cans
- 2 (275 g) medium yellow onion, peeled, quartered
- 4 (15 g) small garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 3 Tablespoons (10 g) italian seasoning
- Place all ingredients into a medium or large stockpot and stir to incorporate. Place on stove top and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Place the immersion blender into the middle of the cooking pot. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, but above the bottom of the pot.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase as desired, moving around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
For a chunkier sauce, blend on Variables 1-2. For a smoother sauce, blend on Variables 3, 4, or 5. The blender has a slow ramp feature to avoid causing excess splashing when blending.